As Wildcat Welcome and the beginning of classes rapidly approaches, check out these tips to reduce your impact in the new year:
1. Participate in Meatless Mondays! Did you know that meat production accounts for one-fifth of all greenhouse gases? You can help by choosing one of our delicious meatless offerings once a week.
2. Bring a reuseable mug to Lisa’s Cafe, Crowe Cafe, Tech Express and Plaza Cafe and get 25 cents off a coffee or specialty drink.
3. Learn about Northwestern’s many sustainable initiatives through the Office of Sustainability.
4. Find out how to properly use Northwestern’s recycling bins.
5. Check out upcoming events in Northwestern and Evanston from the Institute for Energy and Sustainability at Northwestern.
Looking to do more? Then check out one of the many environmental groups on campus.